WHAT IS ISO 9000?
ISO 9000 is a family of international standards representing a general agreement on the principles of good quality management. It contains requirements and guidelines for quality management systems and related standards.
ISO 9001:2008 is an international standard from the ISO 9000 family that an organisation can be certified to (although this is not a requirement). ISO 9001:2008 is a set of standardised quality management requirements, independent of a company’s or organisation’s scope of activity, size or field of operation.
ISO certification serves as a positive reference in the organisation-customer relations, especially when the supplier and the client do not know each other, but wish to establish a business co-operation. The Dental Clinic IDENTholds an ISO 9001:2008 certificate issued by the certification body ICRAdriatica.
WHY IS ISO IMPORTANT TO THE DENTAL CLINIC IDENT?
The European Commission has recommended the introduction of systematic management of quality of healthcare services in all healthcare institutions. Thus we introduced the control of our processes according to ISO requirements for two main reasons:
- In order to be able to always provide our patients with top services according to the highest professional standards,
- In order to have control over our work processes and detect possible irregularities in a timely fashion.
Having our patients’ welfare in mind, at the Dental Clinic IDENT we endeavour to provide reliable services of durable quality in all the work processes. By implementing the ISO standard we facilitatethe feedback by our patients, which is useful for the advancement of our products and services.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS?
Our patients have benefited from the introduction of the ISO standard in our clinic in various ways:
- Constant improvement of services and patient-centred approach – strengthening confidence,
- More safety of treatment achieved by monitoring dental equipment calibration, sterilisation etc.,
- Continuous improvement of the quality of dental services,
- Raising patients’ awareness with brochures and information in the office,
- Patient satisfaction surveys.
Any decision on the improvement of and recommendations for managing the clinic/dental office are made in line with the professional standards.
WHANT TO KNOW MORE?
If you want to know more about ISO standardisation, certification or policy quality, we suggest you to follow the links below: